Well Woman Exams
Why Well-Woman Exams are Important to Your Health.
Whether you’re 16 or 60, an important habit every woman should get into is scheduling an annual well-woman examination. By staying on top of your health and seeing a provider annually, you improve the chances that you’ll catch any problems you may be having early on, when treatment is most effective.
In most cases, insurance and Medicare cover the cost of an annual well-woman exam, but be sure to check with your carrier before scheduling an appointment.
For further information, contact us at 913-596-4929.
Here’s what to expect during a well-woman exam:
- General physical exam (including breast exam)
- Pelvic exam (pap smear)
- Update of life and work situation
- Update of family health history (any new serious illnesses in your family?)
- Review of your health history
- Update of current medications, herbs and supplements (bring list)
- Need for medication refills
- Evaluation of need for health screening tests based on age and personal and family history (such as mammogram, test for sexually transmitted infections and colon cancer screening)
- Update on immunizations